Saturday, September 23, 2006

How to add a comment

A lot of people have written to say they don't really know how to use a blog. It's simple; you just need to know where to click.

A blog is basically someone's online diary, except that others can add their comments. I start a topic by posting an initial message; others (you) add comments.

There are many different types of blogs on the Internet. I use a popular one called Blogspot. Here's how it works.

Underneath each of my initial posts is a note "3 COMMENTS," "12 COMMENTS," etc. Click that note to read the comments or add one of your own. A new window will open up, where you can read the comments and add one.

To add a comment you'll need to register, which takes a couple of minutes. You don't need to show your name publicly (you can post as Anonymous or any nickname), but the registration info (behind the scenes) is a way of having people be responsible for their posts. (It avoids spam-like posts or "hit-and-run" flaming messages.)

I very much hope you'll contribute. Dialog is the whole reason I started this blog. I want to share my thoughts and I want to know yours.

If you want to know more about blogs, a good (though long) description is at Detailed Blogspot help is at But if you only want to read and post, the above is all you need to know.


Anonymous said...

Dear Paul:

I enjoy reading about the issues surrounding the operations of a hospital. I especially enjoy the "union issues" section. Its nice to review other sources of information concerning management/labor relations.

The vast majority of my day is centered upon issues involving multiple union contracts.

Stan Usovicz
Town Manager

Anonymous said...

Some people confused how they can add a comment in blog, because whenever he or she try to add a comment site first open a login page and most of times user does'nt have it.