MIT SDM Systems Thinking Webinar SeriesRichard de Neufville, Ph.D., Dr. h.c.
Professor of Engineering Systems and of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Date: April 22, 2013
Time: Noon - 1 p.m. EDT
Free and open to all
About the PresentationDesigned for those concerned with acquiring and implementing new products and systems, such as owners, managers, developers and engineers, this webinar will explain the concept of flexibility in engineering design, using non-technical language and many practical examples.
Professor de Neufville will cover:
- the problems with predetermined forecasts and requirement sets;
- the benefits of flexibility in engineering design and its role in developing products that can adapt to a wide range of uncertainties;
- how flexibility in engineering design delivers value by reducing or eliminating downside risks, increasing access to upside opportunities, and ultimately producing overall win-win solutions and developmental strategies;
- specific ways successful companies apply flexibility in engineering design, and;
- a framework and next steps for applying flexibility in engineering design in your organization.