The next WIHI broadcast — Mental Health Care in the Hospital: Preventing Harm, Promoting Safety — will take place on Thursday, October 9, from 2 to 3 PM ET, and I hope you'll tune in.
Our guests will include:
- Kelly McCutcheon Adams, LICSW, Director, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Anna Roth, RN, MS, MPH, CEO, Contra Costa Regional Medical Center & Health Centers
- Teresa Pasquini, Mom/Advocate, Chair, Behavioral Healthcare Partnership, Contra Costa Regional Medical Center and Health Centers
- James F. O’Dea, PhD, MBA, Regional Director, Hartford Healthcare Behavioral Health Network
- Richard Wohl, MSW, MBA, President, Princeton House Behavioral Health; Senior Vice President, Princeton Healthcare System
We’re going to venture into the acute care setting for the October 9, 2014, WIHI: Mental Health Care in the Hospital: Preventing Harm, Promoting Safety. IHI’s Kelly McCutcheon Adams is going to set the scene for a terrific panel of guests who are working hard on partnering with patients and families to improve their overall experience in the hospital; the prevention of patient harm and staff injuries; the redesign of physical environments; better management of medications; and heading off crises in the making.
Contra Costa’s Anna Roth and parent Teresa Pasquini have a powerful story to share about collaboration, starting with transforming the experience of the psychiatric emergency. Richard Wohl from Princeton House Behavioral Health wants to share what goes into creating a state of the art, safe, inpatient facility and environment for patients in need of psychiatric hospitalization. The features and attributes will resonate with many. James O’Dea from Hartford Healthcare Behavioral Health Network will tell us about “the three-legged stool” that frames his team’s improvement work, and new efforts to get further upstream with patients to help avoid the need for sudden trips to the ED and the hospital.
I'm looking forward to learning from our guests and from you, our listeners. See you on October 9. You can enroll for the broadcast here.