"Few men think about their prostate gland until they develop some kind of problem. Then it may be all they can think about.
"If you have recently been diagnosed with prostate disease, you know how difficult it can be to find the in-depth and reliable information that will help you make informed choices....
"Perspectives on Prostate Disease was created to address these issues. Our mission in launching this quarterly newsletter is to provide multiple perspectives about how best to treat the most common prostate diseases -- prostate cancer, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and postatitis -- as well as related conditions such as erectile dysfunction and low testosterone levels.
"To ensure that we provide readers with the most accurate and objective information possible, the editorial comment is devoid of any commercial bias. Perspectives is supported in part by a grant from a charitable nonprofit family foundation.... Our editorial board consists of eminent and respected Harvard and European physicians, all of whom have expertise in the disorders covered by Perspectives."
I have read through the first edition, and it is really, really good. Topics include:
- Treat or wait?
- When to consider active surveillance
- A patient's story: Why one man opted for lifestyle changes instead of treatment
- A patient's story: Why one man chose robotic-assisted laparoscopic postatectomy
- Your benign prostatic hyperplasia medication: When to consider a change
- Harvard experts discuss benign prostatic hyperplasia drug treatments
- Search PubMed in five easy steps.
The next issue will include:
- Complementary therapies for prostate disease: What works, what doesn't
- What's new in treating erectile dysfunction
- How to handle a relapse: Your options if a PSA tests reveals your cancer has returned.
If you are interested in subscribing, please write to :
Perspectives on Prostate Disease
PO Box 9308
Big Sandy TX 75755-9308
or telephone: 877-649-9457
or visit http://www.harvardprostatehelp.com/.