Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Notes from Gaza and Boston

From a physician friend in Gaza:

This week Jews are celebrating the New Year -- Rosh Hashana -- and Muslems are celebrating Ramadan.

On this occasion of Rosh Hashana, I wish you a peaceful and happy days and have our world become a better place to live in peace and harmony. I wish you and your family health , happiness and gratification.

May this year be a better than the previous one, a year of peace, safety, health and freedom from oppression and fear, and I pray that our dreams and aspirations come true.

And similar thoughts from a colleague here in Boston:

As you prepare your minds, bodies and spirits for a time of celebration and reflection, I wanted to send you warm greetings. In solidarity, I will be praying for peace in Israel and throughout the world. In solidarity, I will reflect on ways that I may treat fellow beings with greater love and respect, not turning a blind eye to the suffering of others. In solidarity I will give thanks for all my blessings, most notably that each of you is part of my life.

And warm wishes to all of my loyal readers as well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, with health and peace, to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Seasons Greetings & Best Wishes for a very Happy New Year-"Rosh Hashana"- to You and your team.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks.

eeka said...

L'shanah tovah!

(BTW, I think we belong to the same congregation...)