Saturday, March 24, 2012

Essay and poetry contest reminder

Don't forget to remind your 11- to 14-year-olds to finish their essays or poems for the contest I announced earlier in the week.

Please spread the word to children who play soccer, baseball, lacrosse, hockey, or whatever other sport.  The topic is:

My favorite coach ever is or was [name].  Let me tell you why.

The deadline for entries is today, March 24 at 9pm Eastern Daylight Time.  Please see my earlier post for all the rules.

The two winning entries -- one from a girl and one from a boy -- will be posted on my companion blog, Goal Play!, for the world to read.  In addition, I will make a personal contribution of $50 each to a sports-related or education-related non-profit designated by each the two winners.  

No comments: