Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Goal Play: Closing in on 10,000


I'm extremely pleased to note that cumulative sales of my book Goal Play! Leadership Lessons from the Soccer Field are close to reaching the 10,000 mark.

According to BK Publishers:

The average U.S. nonfiction book is now selling less than 250 copies per year and less than 3,000 copies over its lifetime.  Only 62 of 1,000 business books released in 2009 sold more than 5,000 copies, according to an analysis by the Codex Group (New York Times, March 31, 2010).

One of the great moments in my writing life was when Edgar Schein, author of Helping and many other leadership and management books, offered to write a foreword for Goal Play!

http://www.amazon.com/Goal-Play-Leadership-Lessons-Soccer/dp/1469978571/

I am delighted that people around the world have found the leadership lessons of Goal Play! to be valuable to them.  If you have not yet had a chance to enjoy the stories from the girls soccer teams I have coached and the adult leadership lessons that emerge from them, I invite you try a copy (paper, ebook, and even audiobook.)  Also, if you know graduating college students or young professionals who might benefit from the book, I'd be honored if you considered it as a gift for them.

I've also been invited to address corporations and institutions around the world on the ideas contained in the book.  You can see this website for some examples.  If I can be part of your company's leadership training program or the like, please contact me at goalplayleadership [at] gmail [dot] com.  Thanks!

No comments: