Thursday, November 02, 2006

Here's my pitch, instead

If Alice (below) can sell useless plaques, let me instead try again to sell something more practical. For those of you arriving recently, I repeat my posting from several weeks ago. (If enough of you buy this, I won't have to clog up my blog with repeated advertising!)

"A couple of years ago, we published a wonderful book on the subject by Monique Doyle Spencer, which is designed to help people who have the disease understand and cope with many aspects of the treatment process. We published the book because it is funny, and commercial publishers felt that it was inappropriate to have a humorous book dealing with cancer. We thought it deserved public exposure. It is called, 'The Courage Muscle, a chicken's guide to living with breast cancer.' After my mother-in-law read it, she said, 'I wish I had had this book to read during my treatment.' Many others have said the same thing, and the book's reputation has spread by word of mouth and occasional newspaper columns and Monique's interviews on television and radio.

You can buy it from Amazon, but if you buy it from the hospital instead, the proceeds go to support Windows of Hope, our non-profit oncology shop that sells wigs, scarves, and other supplies for cancer patients. Just send a check for $16.95 to Windows of Hope, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, and we will mail you a copy. Or call 617-667-1899."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your spell check failed you. I think you mean blog and not bog.

I recommend the google toolbar which has a nice spell check feature that you can use in your web browser. Of course, bog is word, so it would not have helped here :(

Thanks for the reference for the book. I wish I had known about it while my mom was sick.

-FT

Anonymous said...

Thnks, fixd. :)))