Wednesday, November 14, 2007

In memoriam: Sarah Wernick

I was saddened to read an obituary this morning about Sarah Wernick, a wonderful, intelligent, and funny person who was best known for writing books about women's health. In our family, though, Sarah was best known for leading my wife to a source of Valrhona chocolate. In fact, she found the place where you could buy the 5 kilogram size of this chocolate. Do you have any idea of how big an 11 pound piece of chocolate seems when it is being stored in your refrigerator? Or, how about 22 pounds, so we could have two varieties?

For this and so many other lovely reasons, we will miss Sarah and offer our condolences to her husband Willie and their sons.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I knew Sarah in high school where she founded the Lollipop Club. We were good friends and I will miss her forever.

Paul Levy said...

I continue to have fond memories of her!

Betsey said...

I still miss her and have quoted her on a number of occasions.

Anonymous said...

I was in a couple of writers' groups with Sarah--she was a driving force in both, initially in the Boston area and then nationally. She mentored many of us, including me. I still miss her as well.