Monday, May 19, 2008

Thanks again to Monique

It has been some time since I wrote about Monique Spencer's excellent book, The Courage Muscle, A Chicken's Guide to Living with Breast Cancer, but this note from a friend prompted me to remind you about it:

Paul,
I just read this book. I had to wonder, "Was she with me during my year?
Did she sit in on my Dr. meetings? Was she at home with me when all sorts of thoughts were going thru my mind?"

You are great to publish that book. It mad me really laugh & also comforted me to know I was not alone in my thoughts.

Thanks for printing it.


You can buy the book from Amazon, but if you buy it from the hospital instead, the proceeds go to support Windows of Hope, our non-profit oncology shop that sells wigs, scarves, and other supplies for cancer patients. Just send a check for $20 to Windows of Hope, 330 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, and we will mail you a copy. Or call 617-667-1899.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nonlocal MD,

Thanks for the note. We'd noticed that one and many other such examples.