Thursday, August 21, 2008

Please join Tom's ride on September 7

Tom DesFosses is a patient of our hospital and a cancer survivor. He has started a bike-riding fundraiser for cancer research. The ride starts and ends at the Liberty Tree Mall in Danvers, MA, and you have your choice of 10, 25, or 50 mile routes. Depending on the length you choose, you go through Wenham, Hamilton, Essex, Manchester by the Sea, Gloucester, Ipswich, and Georgetown. All rides are very scenic and enjoyable rides. There are rest stops on all routes.

Here's what Tom says:

On September 7, 2008, I will be hosting a bicycle ride on the North Shore of Massachusetts to raise funds for leading-edge cancer research at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. 100 % of proceeds raised through this bike ride go directly to Dr. Wong's Brain Tumor Fund and Dr. Lewis Cantley's General Cancer Research Fund. This research is very important to me and others living with cancer.

For me, this ride will be very emotional, but in another way it will give me incredible joy. It will give me time to reflect on how blessed I am to be a cancer survivor, and to think of others who are not able to join me on this quest. I hope others cyclist will join me on this ride to help raise greatly needed funds for life-saving cancer research.

This bike ride is a way I can give back to the wonderful people who have prayed for me and encouraged me along the way. Special thanks go to my wife, family and friends, who have been so supportive.

No comments: