Friday, May 08, 2009

Temporary Art along the Muddy River




A nice surprise yesterday as I walked from the T to the hospital, an art exhibit called "Nature and Artifice: Temporary Art along the Muddy River." It is presented by Studios Without Walls and hosted by the Brookline Parks and Recreation Department. The idea is to "draw attention to the beauty of this locale and the much needed Muddy River Restoration Project of the Emerald Necklace Conservancy."

Here are some pictures of works by Phyllis Ewen, Muriel Angelil, and Joe Fix that I nabbed with my cellphone as I wandered to work. The exhibit will be in place until June 28. On that day, there will be a closing celebration featuring the Joel Press Combo at 3pm, near the Carleton Street Bridge.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the post and the photos. I was also delighted over these artistic surprises when they showed up on my regular walking route. Though not a big fan of installation art, I've grown quite fond of these pieces and have created a gallery on www.MuddyRiver.org (events page). The park itself is a piece of artwork, especially in the Spring. It's worth a trip to see the natural and artistic beauty currently on display along the Muddy River.