Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Doctors' Diaries on NOVA

NOVA Producer Paula Apsell at Boston's WGBH reminds me (and now you!) of the following:

I am writing to alert you to a special NOVA two-hour miniseries to be shown on WGBH Channel 2 at 8 PM on Tuesday, April 7th and the following Tuesday April 14th.

For the past 21 years, NOVA has been following a group of 7 aspiring young doctors from their first day at Harvard Medical School through internship, residency and out into the world as practicing physicians. The resulting documentary, called Doctors' Diaries, reveals in illuminating detail the joys and sorrows, sacrifices and rewards that go into becoming a member of the medical tribe. I think these programs might be of special interest to you and I hope you will be sure to tune in or set your DVR.

Check local times for your own PBS station.

1 comment:

PBStory said...

Thanks for the alert to this program. I would never have known about it! It was interesting, and I hope some of the viewers who aren't in healthcare can appreciate what providers go through in order to serve. I have always felt that empathy on BOTH sides of a provider relationship is critical to the success of that relationship. Perhaps this will allow viewers to appreciate the effort that goes into the learning.
I wonder what ten years in the "life cycle" of a hospital CEO might look like??