Saturday, April 18, 2009

Stand by me -- Worldwide

Sent by a friend, and I am happy to share with those who haven't seen and heard it:

Here is a link to one of the best pieces of sound engineering work I think I have ever seen. It is a composite audio/video of song whereby additional tracks were laid in by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The finished product is tremendous!


The song itself is that classic standard "Stand By Me" originally released in 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters. This composite version is a real toe tapper.

4 comments:

Maimónides said...

Hello, Paul. In this impressive video, there are almost two location mistakes: Cesar Pope's location was Plaça Real, in Barcelona, Spain, and Dimitri Dolganov's location was Plaça de Catalunya, in Barcelona, too.

Kristin said...

Dear Paul,
I am writing this quick note to express my praise for the nursing and support staff on 12 Reisman. I was discharged last night after a 3 night stay, and as a registered nurse at another Longwood Hospital, I know what excellent health care looks like, and that is exactly what I received. I am also in the process of writing a letter of gratitude to the floor. Be well, and thank you.

Unknown said...

You may also enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xjPODksI08
Playing for Change-Worldwide: One Love.
They're both quite moving.

Scotty said...

A "slightly" different genre, here is a video that was shown in one of my undergraduate courses "Ethnomusicology". In this video we have Pachelbel's Canon played using a traditional Korean string instrument along with "beat box", break dancing, and a DJ. It is a very unique production from some pretty polarized musical styles. I wonder what others may think of it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oex4S3vPKR4
I wonder what others may think of it. - SMD